- RECENT ARTICLES
- PreScouter Case Study: “Clean Label” Ingredients for Flavor Enhancement
- What Technologies Are Redefining Shopping this Holiday Season?
- How AI Is Redefining the Consumer Goods Industry
- PreScouter Case Study: Late-Stage Technologies that Minimize Financial Risk
- Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare: Babylon Health & IBM Watson Take the Lead
- TagsAnnamite mountains Automotive Automotive sector cars Chinese Academy of Sciences computer science Electrical Engineering & Electronics electric vehicle electromagnetic Electronic components sector electronics energy health Health and pharmaceutical sector High-Tech-Chemicals imaging Internal Body Monitoring Inventions Julius-Maximilian's University of Würzburg laser leeches DNA light waves Measurement and Microsystems Measurement technology & Microsystems Medicine microchip Military MIT nuclear energy pharmaceutical photography photon Physical analytics Physical measurement and test technology power saola antelope Security Stanford University Technical University of Munich Textile sector University of Bayreuth University of Cambride University of Copenhagen UT Dallas x-ray
Subscribe to The PreScouter JournalPowered by EmailOctopus
Phase-Change Memory Could Replace Flash Memory Soon
UNIVERSITY OF THE CHINESE ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, BEIJING, CHINA. A new type of data-storage technology has been developed by a group of researchers. The new technology consists of 50 aluminum atoms bound to 50 atoms of antimony and is considered as a very promising discovery which could dramatically change the way memory devices will be made in the near future. They call this new discovery the next generation "phase-change" memory. As compared to the common flash memory bein .. ... READ MOREBy: Shinji Tutoru
Using Duckweed For Biofuel Production
PRINCETON UNIVERSITY, NEW JERSEY, USA; CHINESE ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, BEIJING, CHINA & NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION, ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA. The use of duckweed as a raw material for biofuel production is a good solution for new sources of biofuel materials. This is great solution for the need of a less-expensive and sustainable source of biomass that will significantly reduce the production of diesel, jet fuel and gasoline. Xin Xiao, Christodoulos A. Floudas and colleagues loo .. ... READ MOREBy: Shinji Tutoru
Is Thorium the Biggest Energy Breakthrough Since Fire?
CHINESE ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, CHINA. Nuclear power that is safer, cleaner, and ultimately cheaper. Thorium is a metal that can be used to generate nuclear energy without the threats of a "meltdown" scenario, because such chain reactions cannot happen in thorium reactors. There is also no useful byproduct like plutonium to make nuclear weapons. In contrast to nuclear fuels such as Uranium, Thorium is also abundantly available. China is close to demonstrat .. ... READ MOREBy: Susan Smith