Natural resources covers a wide range of industries, spanning advanced energy (renewables, efficiency, storage), fossil fuels, mining, water and nuclear energy. Many companies in these industries have large capital costs and long-lived infrastructure. The fluctuating prices of raw materials like crude oil and precious metals have a significant impact. These industries are also heavily regulated, and face increasing pressure from public policy decisions, including those related to climate change.
Strong consumer and business interest in sustainability is a significant factor in natural resources. Rapid growth in wind and solar power technologies, and advances in fracking, are transforming the market long-term, while coal power wanes. For other companies, the operation and maintenance of aging and legacy equipment is a major issue, as once analog systems have become digital and even Internet-connected. In industries long known for moving slowly, change is coming quickly.
Projects We've Worked
Inquiry ServiceSmall tasks with a fast turnaround
- Fact Checking / Validations I recently read an article about a new process to make ultra-cheap nanocellulose. What scientific articles can support this claim?
- Technology Identification Identify the top 3-5 startups working on algorithms for smart-grid technologies
- Literature/Patent Review Compile a short list and summary for any patents 3D map underground structures and cavities.
- Data review / Analysis Based on available data, what has been the cause of most oil pipeline failures over the past year in the US?
- General Inquiries What are three major disruptors in the atmospheric CO2 capture-and-repurpose industry?
Project-Based WorkIn-depth project work
- Technology Landscape Develop a technology landscape for all industrial-ready 3D printers applicable for construction.
- Technology Scouting Identify and analyze all startups, professors and patents working on Thorium reactor technology.
- Interview / private information acquisition Run an in depth analysis on the startup Offshore Power to understand their capabilities and growth strategy.
- Competitive Analysis Compile a technical summary list of all solar companies with an annual revenue of >$10M.
- Regulatory / Market Analysis Provide a SWOT analysis for all high growth renewable energy sources that have the lowest upfront infrastructure costs.
Natural Resources News
Kyle Gracey, Project Architect, is a natural resources scientist who brings experience in environmental engineering, private sustainability consulting and regulatory policy. He has worked for PreScouter for over 2 years on more than 60 projects. He is based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
How can I reduce the cost, environmental footprint or otherwise improve my existing manufacturing processes?
Need: Improving efficiency of an existing processes
How it Works
STEP 1Tell PreScouter what you need to be researched.
STEP 2We'll present you customized research
and analysis. Which areas would you
like PreScouter to research further?