This vertical consists of three sub-industries: chemical, industrial machinery & equipment, and construction.
The chemical industry, after experiencing slow growth in the past few years, is trending toward healthier growth due to increases in oil prices, the proposed new U.S. corporate tax plan, and an easing in regulations.
In the industrial machinery & equipment industry, key trends and areas of prior PreScouter research include robotics, Internet of Things (IoT), and additive manufacturing.
In construction and building materials, key trends and emerging technologies that PreScouter has investigated include demand for green materials, smart materials, VR/AR, and modular construction. Key challenges are labor shortages, increased labor and material costs, and sustainability challenges such emissions reduction.
Topics We've Worked On
Research Support ServiceSmall tasks with a fast turnaround
- Fact checking / validation I read an article on Startup company KhemCo claiming their new chiral separation process. What academic papers support this claim?
- Technology identification Identify the top 5 startups spun out from academia that manufacture carbon nanotube-doped polymers.
- Literature/Patent Review Provide a detailed summary on Professor Smith’s tribology publications over the past 2 years
- Data review / analysis Aggregate and analyze the attached list of startups as a function of their product’s thermal stability.
- General inquiries Which global region is HVAC equipment sales growing the fastest last year?
Project-Based WorkIn-depth project work
- Technology Landscape Develop a technology landscape of all novel insulating materials based on R-factor.
- Technology Scouting Provide an overview of all industrial 3-D metal printers.
- Interview / private information acquisition Attain an interview with Professor Xu to understand the scalability of her recent one-pot synthesis paper.
- Competitive Analysis Which chemical companies have started academic collaborations with professors in the US over the past 5 years?
- Market Analysis What are the key factors inhibiting the growth of the organic photovoltaic market?
02 Apr 2018
In December, we reported on the "diamond battery", an artificial diamond that can convert gamma…Read More
30 Mar 2018
The World Health Organization (WHO) launches a review after microplastics have been found in over…Read More
19 Mar 2018
More and more products nowadays are made from renewable sources such as trees. From jeans…Read More
João Guerreiro, PhD
Project ArchitectJoão Guerreiro, Ph.D., specializes in the materials sector. As an academic, João performed research in Bio-Chemical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the US, the University College London in the UK, and the University of Lisbon in Portugal.
Which technologies are going to create new markets for our existing products?
Need: New Markets for Existing Products
How it Works
STEP 1Tell PreScouter what you need to be researched.
STEP 2We'll present you customized research
and analysis. Which areas would you
like PreScouter to research further?