- RECENT ARTICLES
- Infographic: Properties and Side Effects of Artificial Preservatives
- The shift toward bioplastics: Insights from Lego and current opportunities
- Top 8 IoT trends in 2018
- The wave of tidal energy is on the rise with these innovations and projects
- Metabolomics: A potential tool for more personalized medicine
- TagsAnnamite mountains Automotive Automotive sector cars Chinese Academy of Sciences computer science Electrical Engineering & Electronics electric vehicle electromagnetic Electronic components sector electronics energy health Health and pharmaceutical sector High-Tech-Chemicals imaging Internal Body Monitoring Inventions Julius-Maximilian's University of Würzburg laser leeches DNA light waves Measurement and Microsystems Measurement technology & Microsystems Medicine microchip Military MIT nuclear energy pharmaceutical photography photon Physical analytics Physical measurement and test technology power saola antelope Security Stanford University Technical University of Munich Textile sector University of Bayreuth University of Cambride University of Copenhagen UT Dallas x-ray
Subscribe to The PreScouter JournalPowered by EmailOctopus
Dairy Industry Packaging That Can Extend Shelf Life
Keeping food fresh is one of the key concerns of food distributors and suppliers. In the dairy industry, there are general concerns in packaging to keep foods fresh such as water vapor permeability and oxidation and light. A Food and Beverage Project Architect from PreScouter, an R&D research firm, worked with another researcher to present packaging solutions for dairy farmers to keep their food fresh and extend the shelf life of their dairy products.
Key findings included current dairy packaging like clean fill and sealing as well as modified atmosphere packaging (MAP). Different packaging was segmented by types of dairy products such as fluid milk and yogurt as well as butter, cheese, and milk powder. PreScouter concluded this inquiry with suggested next steps.
See the full report below.
PreScouter's Inquiry Service: Dairy Industry Packaging that can be used to extend shelf life from PreScouter
At PreScouter, we help Fortune 500 clients quickly get up-to-speed on what they need to know to understand their options. PreScouter’s Inquiry Service is a new, custom approach to ask tailored, science-based questions with a Ph.D. researcher through a brief video call. The results are debriefed in a meeting within two business days. This service provides clients with technically relevant, actionable information to further business objectives on a recurring basis.
Interested in having your inquiry answered? Submit them here.
Rachel is one of PreScouter's Project Architects. She specializes in the food & beverage industry. She completed her PhD in Chemistry at the University of Cambridge. Her research was focused around Photobiology, with research themes including the development of fluorescent proteins for biomedical imaging applications and the formulation of lutein as a nutritional supplement. Prior to her PhD, Rachel completed a Bachelor (Honours) Degree in Biochemistry at the University of East Anglia.
Latest posts by Rachel Murkett (see all)
- 3 reasons why Lentein is the latest innovation in the food and beverage industry - January 2, 2018
- PreScouter Case Study: “Clean Label” Ingredients for Flavor Enhancement - December 13, 2017
- Feeding the World With Higher Yielding Crops - September 5, 2017