- RECENT ARTICLES
- PreScouter Case Study: “Clean Label” Ingredients for Flavor Enhancement
- What Technologies Are Redefining Shopping this Holiday Season?
- How AI Is Redefining the Consumer Goods Industry
- PreScouter Case Study: Late-Stage Technologies that Minimize Financial Risk
- Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare: Babylon Health & IBM Watson Take the Lead
- TagsAnnamite mountains Automotive Automotive sector cars Chinese Academy of Sciences computer science Electrical Engineering & Electronics electric vehicle electromagnetic Electronic components sector electronics energy health Health and pharmaceutical sector High-Tech-Chemicals imaging Internal Body Monitoring Inventions Julius-Maximilian's University of Würzburg laser leeches DNA light waves Measurement and Microsystems Measurement technology & Microsystems Medicine microchip Military MIT nuclear energy pharmaceutical photography photon Physical analytics Physical measurement and test technology power saola antelope Security Stanford University Technical University of Munich Textile sector University of Bayreuth University of Cambride University of Copenhagen UT Dallas x-ray
Subscribe to The PreScouter JournalPowered by EmailOctopus
PreScouter Case Study: Late-Stage Technologies that Minimize Financial Risk
The following is a case study report of the work that was carried out by PreScouter for a client in the insurance industry.
About the client:
The Client’s organization specializes in personal and commercial property and casualty insurance. The Client was interested in supplementing standard insurance offerings with interactive tools that could allow customers to take a proactive role in evaluating, preventing, or overcoming the consequences of risky decisions.
The Director of Innovation Strategy at the Client’s organization approached PreScouter to identify algorithms and technologies that will:
- Address individuals’ risk assessment
- Predict risk based on individuals’ behavior
- Notify people about potential hazards
- Find behavior modification platforms
To answer the Client’s inquiries, PreScouter assembled a team of advanced degree researchers with disciplines ranging from MBAs to PhDs in Economics as well as PhDs in quantitative scientific disciplines (chemistry & physics) to identify and down-select the Client’s four core technologies.
Based on a number of stage-gated meetings with the Client, PreScouter’s team of experts investigated each of the four proposed solution areas.
What PreScouter found:
A major goal behind this inquiry was to identify preventive measures such as limiting cash outflow, protecting savings, and alleviating financial risks for the Client’s organization. After a thorough and comprehensive study and successive meetings, PreScouter’s team of experts compiled a detailed report that addressed all of the Client’s interests.
The final report included 21 technologies and ten companies that met the Client’s constraints. The Client mentioned that all the technologies presented were on-target, of which 33% of the technologies were of high interest. The Client shared the report within his organization and determined the top three technologies for outreach, which the Client conducted internally based on findings in the PreScouter report.
The Client was highly impressed with the precision of the results presented. The Client had an existing product, and thanks to the PreScouter report, they were able to find ways to make their existing product even better.
At PreScouter, we provide custom research, on demand, to quickly excel business development, R&D, and product development planning and decision making.
Interested in having your inquiry answered? Submit them here.
Sofiane is one of PreScouter's Project Architects. He leads the financial and professional services and high-tech verticals at PreScouter. Sofiane earned his B.S. in Materials Science and Engineering from The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and his Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology. His research focus was in nanotechnology and energy storage. After graduating from Georgia Tech, he worked as an emerging technology and business strategy consultant at several firms and for his own clients before joining PreScouter.
Latest posts by Sofiane Boukhalfa (see all)
- PreScouter Case Study: Late-Stage Technologies that Minimize Financial Risk - December 6, 2017
- What are the disadvantages of cryptocurrencies? - November 16, 2017
- Attractive opportunities in the semiconductor industry - November 13, 2017